- 6 corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup olive oil + 2 tablespoons, separated
- 1 pound of mushrooms, trimmed
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 cup (packed) fresh Italian parsley
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup (packed) fresh cilantro
- 3/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Sea salt
- 1/2 cup of cherry tomatoes, quartered (optional)
- Make the mushrooms: preheat oven to 450 degrees. Lightly oil a shallow baking pan or cookie sheet that is large enough to hold mushrooms in single layer.
- Toss mushrooms and 3 cloves of garlic with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Season with salt and roast for 20 minutes stirring periodically until mushrooms are browned.
- For the chimichurri: puree Italian parsley, cilantro, 2 cloves of garlic, 1/2 cup of olive oil, red wine vinegar, crushed red pepper and cumin in processor. Transfer to bowl and season with salt.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and bake the tortillas for 2 minutes on each side until they start to firm up.
- Top the warmed tortillas with roasted mushrooms and drizzle with chimichurri sauce. Add tomatoes on top if desired.