I recently found myself with a surplus of blueberries and no muffin tin. What a conundrum. So I decided to do what any person would do. I baked a cake instead. And this isn't just any cake. The addition of plain Greek yogurt means it's moist and dense beyond your wildest dreams.
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh or thawed frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup full fat plain Green yogurt
- 1 tablespoon blueberry preserves (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease an 8" x 8" square pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the coconut flour, salt, and baking soda.
- In a smaller bowl, beat the eggs, coconut oil, honey, and vanilla.
- Once thoroughly combined, add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix with a hand mixer on medium speed for about a minute.
- Stir in the blueberries.
- Spoon the batter into the greased pan.
- Swirl in the Greek yogurt and blueberry preserves (if you so desire).
- Bake for 35 minutes or until a fork inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the over and let the cake cook before cutting.
Serves 8. Will keep for 3-4 days. Perfect warmed up with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or served with coffee and a smear of honey butter.