The most glorious time of year. Tomato season. On Saturday I picked up a whole bunch of tomatoes and peaches from a vendor on the side of the road in Asbury Park. His plates said Georgia, his boxes said Swedesboro so who knows where this produce was actually from but it is delicious nonetheless. Saturday night's dinner - a big bowl of roasted tomatoes topped with some peppercorn cheese.
- 3 large tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1-1/2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 2 large cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons of sugar
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Arrange the tomatoes and garlic in a single layer on a cookie pan.
- Drizzle with oil and vinegar and sprinkle with sugar, salt, and pepper.
- Roast for 25 to 30 minutes.
Sprinkle with cheese if you so desire.