Quick and easy. That's the name of the game when it comes to dinner these days. Something new? Not really. I started the weeknight dinner series because frankly, not everyone has the time (read: energy) to make elaborate meals during the week and sometimes a little added inspiration can help those in a food rut.
Sausage and Greens
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1-2 bags of baby spinach
- 1 package of chicken sausage (try this one), sliced
- 4 strips of turkey bacon
- olive or coconut oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a teaspoon of oil in the bottom of a medium saute pan over medium heat.
- Cook the bacon to your desired crispiness, remove and set aside.
- Add a little more oil and the onions. allow to cook for a few minutes until translucent.
- Toss in the sliced sausage and let it sizzle for a minute.
- At the first sign of browning, add the spinach on top and begin to combine the sausage and spinach as the greens begin to wilt.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper, mix in sriracha and continue cooking for a minute or two.
- Turn the stove off and crumble the cooked bacon into the mixture.
Devour. Sure this didn't take a ton of thought, but it also didn't take a ton of time. Makes 3-4 servings.