Soup season is coming to a close but this week's illness gave me plenty of excuse to whip up a big pot of broth with veggies and protein. I made sure to add plenty of sriracha and chili garlic sauce to give this a little kick (and help clear my sinuses). This recipe is inspired by one of my favorite lunch orders from some random place in Midtown.
- 3 cubes no-salt veggie bullion
- 6 cups water
- 1 bag baby spinach, washed
- 1 package of extra firm tofu, pressed and cubed
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons Bragg's liquid aminos
- 1/3 cup chili garlic sauce
- 3 tablespoons sriracha
- sea salt
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spread tofu cubes out on a greased cookie sheet and douse with liquid aminos. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the tofu begins to firm and brown.
- In a large saucepan, heat olive oil before tossing in the garlic to brown. Add in the water and bullion and bring the mixture up to a boil. Stir in the sriracha, chili garlic sauce, and sea salt.
- Take the tofu out of the oven and slide it into the boiling broth. Let this all cook together for about 10 minutes before adding in the spinach. Remove from heat and serve immediately.
Makes 4-6 servings. Keeps for a few days.