Keepin' it simple. Adapted from Ruth Reichl. The Easiest Apple Crisp
- 3 large apples, peeled & sliced
- 1 stick butter
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup oatmeal
- juice of a lemon
- pinch of salt
- dash of nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Use some of the butter to grease a baking dish. Layer in the apple slices and toss with the lemon juice.
- In a mixing bowl, cut together the flour, sugar, oatmeal, salt, nutmeg and butter together.
- Pat the oatmeal-butter mixture over the top and slide it into the over for about 45 minutes.
Serves 4-6. Keeps overnight. Even better with a little vanilla ice cream.