In a fit of procrastination, I decided to throw together a pot of soup. In this case I made a Wild Rice and Vegetable Soup complete with carrots, potatoes, split peas and some TVP for extra protein. This can also be referred to as "Everything but the Kitchen Sink Soup," because well, it literally contains just the stuff I had on hand. I just scarfed up the final bowl for dinner so I thought I'd share.
- 3 cubes of vegetarian bouillon
- 1 package of cherry tomatoes
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced
- 1 potato, diced
- 2 cups of arugula
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 1 cup of TVP
- 1 cup of split peas
- 1 cup of wild rice
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 cups of water
- In a large saucepan, boil water and add bouillon, stirring to dissolve.
- Add carrots, onion, potato, garlic, TVP, split peas, and wild rice. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, add arugula and tomatoes. Cover and simmer for about an hour, or until the rice is thoroughly cooked and the kernels open.
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve.
Makes about 6 servings. Will keep in the fridge for a couple of days or stash it in the freezer to eat later. Add more stock if need be.