It's been a month of running around, but I'm home for the moment. Always on the run, I'm a big fan of fast meals that don't compromise nutrition. Case in point, today's lunch - a cheddar, spinach, avocado and baked tofu quesadilla with a side of baked kale chips.
Cheddar, Spinach, Avocado & Baked Tofu Quesadilla
- Whole wheat tortilla
- Half an avocado, sliced
- 2 ounces of baked tofu, sliced
- 1 cup of spinach
- 2 slices of cheddar cheese
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Place tortilla in the pan, arrange cheese over half the tortilla and cook for about a minute.
- Pile on spinach and baked tofu, top with avocado slices.
- Fold the empty half of the tortilla over and press down with a spatula.
- Flip over and cook for about two minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from heat and cut into triangles.
Another delicious alternative I had this weekend: brie, arugula, and apple (I added baked tofu).
Baked Kale Chips
- 1 bunch of kale
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Sea salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Rinse and dry kale, before removing the stems and ribs. Rip kale into large pieces.
- In a bowl, toss with olive oil in a bowl then sprinkle with salt.
- Arrange on a large baking sheet, lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until crisp (but not burnt).
I'm on the road again this week, be back soon!