I'd like to preface this post by saying, I'm a liar. I promised to be more attentive, I promised outfit posts and wild, crazy things. So far, I'm not coming through. And while this post is for one of my favorite summer dishes ever, let's just say it's not exactly a challenging recipe. Things are busy and I'm nuts but I'm working on it. Seems to be my mantra lately!
Tomato & Mozzarella Salad
- 3-4 medium-sized tomatoes of your choice, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 4 ounces of mozzarella cheese, ripped into bite-sized pieces
- 3-4 leaves of fresh basil, chopped roughly
- 3 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the tomato and mozzarella in a bowl.
- Pour in the olive oil and mix in until the tomatoes and mozzarella are coated.
- Mix in the salt and pepper plus the balsamic vinegar.
- Add in the basil and give the ingredients a quick stir.
- Refrigerate until about 15 minutes before serving.
Serves 2-3. Quick, easy, good - no frills involved here. Pair with a nice loaf of crusty Italian bread for a light dinner that beats the heat. I should note this recipe works best with ripe tomatoes and quality, salted mozzarella.