This is one of those incredibly easy recipes that can be thrown together in about 10 minutes.
- 1/2 shallot, minced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup of red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons mustard (dijon would be nice but even spicy brown is ok)
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- Place your shallots and garlic in a bowl.
- Pour in the vinegar, salt, mustard and honey and mix together.
- Add the olive oil to the mixture and whisk until combined.
- 3 medium tomatoes, seeded & chopped into bite size pieces
- 1/2 to 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons of basil, sliced into short strips
- Put the tomatoes and shallots in a bowl and combine with your fingers
- Add in the vinaigrette dressing and mix in to coat all of the tomatoes and shallots.
- Top with basil strips.
This recipe can be made a few hours in advance and refrigerated. I'd suggest taking it out before serving and letting it warm up a little, it tastes better when it's cool rather than cold. I had this dish for dinner last night paired with some cous cous with sautéed mushrooms and a little parmesan cheese. Delish.